Promote and enhance the quality of life for residents of our community through a commitment to excellence in mental health, alcohol, drug, and other addiction services.
Mental health, alcohol, drug, and other addiction services will be available and accessible for every county resident in need and the ADAMHS Board will provide a preeminent, seamless and integrated system of care.
For our Clients, we value:
- Understanding that we are here to ensure superior services to our Clients.
- Treating Clients with dignity and respect.
- Listening to concerns of Clients and answering all questions with patience and clarity.
- Including participation and input from Clients, family members and advocates as partners in planning alcohol, drug addiction and mental health services, changes and special events.
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders to link and improve services for Clients thereby assuring easy access.
- Encouraging empowerment of Clients as they work toward their own recovery.
- Advocating for Clients with enthusiasm, compassion, current knowledge and information.
- Working to obtain/keep Medicaid for Clients.
- Emphasizing the importance of employment, housing and education/training for Clients.
For our Providers, we value:
- Eliminating duplicative efforts whenever possible.
- Utilizing existing data whenever possible.
- Avoiding excessive new data reporting requirements.
- Holding Providers accountable and responsible for quality services.
- Using indicators of quality improvement and technical assistance as tools, as opposed to punishment.
- Using timely, practical and relevant data.
- Seeking and utilizing Provider input in quality improvement initiatives.
- Sharing the summary of results and conclusions with Providers.
- Encouraging evidence-based best practices.
- Cooperating with Providers, utilizing transparency and open communication in all areas.
The emblem is a stylistic “A.” An organic shape with its “feet” firmly planted, it can represent many images – a mountain, a bridge, an umbrella, or stepping stones – each of which symbolize the many paths to recovery.
The colors are contemporary and fresh, with each invoking a different emotion: yellow evokes positivity; pink evokes innocence, and health; blue evokes authority, dignity, security, and faithfulness; purple evokes sophistication, and spirituality and green evokes tranquility, health and, freshness.
The gender-neutral colors signify the variety of programs that the ADAMHS Board funds, as well as the diversity of the population it serves.