Youth Advisory Council Meeting
Monday, March 27, 2017
4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Ohio Room, ADAMHS Board of Cuyahoga County
2012 West 25th Street, 6th Floor
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
Questions? Contact Katie Boland, External Affairs Officer, at 216-241-3400 ext. 812 or click here to email her.
The ADAMHS Board of Cuyahoga County’s purpose for developing a Youth Advisory Council(YAC) is to:
- Gain insight to new perspectives from the youth on what mental health and addictions issues are the most important to them and their community,
- Understand what questions they have about addiction, mental illness and recovery, and
- Learn new ideas to improve services, programs and communication tools.
- Help to reduce the stigma that is too often associated with mental illness and addiction.
- Promote that mental illness and addiction are brain diseases, that treatment works and people recover.
Our YAC members will:
- Develop new social media communication tools to better connect with youth.
- Enlighten Board, staff and provider agencies to youth perspective of mental illness and addiction.
- Organize community events to create awareness of mental illness, addiction and recovery in Cuyahoga County.
- Experience how government and non-profit behavioral health agencies operate in Cuyahoga County.
- Help improve our community and behavioral health system for today and the next generation.
- Have fun!
Minimum requirements to join:
- Resident of Cuyahoga County.
- Must between the ages of 13 and 18 years old.
- Obtain parental consent to join.
- Motivated to help others by educating our community that recovery is possible.
- Willingness to commit time and energy to help improve our behavioral health system for the next generation.